Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Preparing the Tabs

As some of you may know, I am a part of a campaign to raise $100,000 to build a safe home for girls waiting to be rescued out of the Red Light Districts in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. This campaign functions on multiple levels, but one very practical fundraiser I am promoting as a student on a college campus in particular, is selling these soda tab bracelets.

I have been busy recruiting volenteers to help get some of the bracelets made since there seems to be an increasing demand which my own hands cannot keep up with! The bracelets are such a great product to market, since they cost pennies to make but then are sold for $10 each, all of that money going to fund this safe home.

While I'm home on Sping Break this week, I decided I better try to get some good headway in producing these bracelets, so this morning I began the process of preparing the soda tabs for bracelet making.









I washed all of the tabs in bleach/water mixture.


 











Then rinsed them off and layed them out to dry.


 












This was quite the process, especailly considering the need to clean thousands of these tabs at once!  







1 comment:

  1. Wow! That's a LOT of bracelets-in-the-making! Get ready, you are going to sell them like crazy!

    ReplyDelete