Friday, March 25, 2011

The Secret of Being Content

As I sit here adding to my ever-growig "To-Do" List once again, I sigh deeply in anticipation of the week to come, as I remember that this is a week of rest for me. Just rest, Courtney! The day will come (sadly, quite soon actually) when I am thrown back into the chaos of day-to-day life as a college student, working women, and activist. Though part of me longs for the daily drudge of life back at school, I desperately needed this week of relaxation and precious time with friends and family back home. To learn to just be content with where I'm at is such a challenge for me. I am always in dread or anticipation of the next day, the next season, the next trip, the next break, the next test. Today, the Lord assurred me I could just be content with today. What a beautiful place to be.

As I close out the week in the Lou, I am excited for yet another packed-full day of sweet time with friends and even a couple meetings mixed in there. So, for just one more day I will withstand the overwhleming urge to knock out some of that heaping pile of school work and work work in pursuit of the much-needed break I have been blessed to experience this week! 

Just thought I would share a bit from my time in the Word this monring... 

A Word from Philippians:

Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have take hold of it. But one thing I do: forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead.

…many live as enemies of the cross. Their destiny is destruction, their God is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame…BUT HE TRANSFORMS!

I am not an enemy of the Cross, so…

I will not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, I will present my requests to God and the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard my heart and mind in Christ Jesus.

I will think on whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—I will think about such things.

And I will learn to know what it is to be in need and to know what it is to have plenty. I will learn the secret of being content in every and any situation.



No comments:

Post a Comment